Welcome to the first installment of Dr. Laurie’s List. I’m known for making lists for everything in my own life. Shopping lists, honey-do lists, Eyefoods work lists. I’ve even transformed those around me into list-makers. Dr. Barb and I have been working on Eyefoods together for 3 years now and just last month, Dr. Barb started making lists too.
Dr. Laurie’s List will include Shopping Lists for eyedfoods dishes that you can create and To Do Lists for your eye health. It will also provide you with interesting and important facts about your eyes and vision.
We’d love to hear your questions. Let us know if there are any questions about your eyes in general or about eyefoods, that we can answer – and I will create list for you!
Eye Health Facts
Things to know about Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
· Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of blindness in the western world
· A family history of age-related macular degeneration can increase your risk of developing AMD
· Food and lifestyle choices can help reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration
· Age-related macular degeneration can lead to loss of central vision and affect your ability to read and to drive
· Antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamin C, vitamin E, and nutrients such as zinc and omega-3 fatty acids are important in the prevention of age-related macular degeneration